Does the Sheriff's Office issue tickets?
Yes, the Sheriff's Office does write tickets. You must pay your ticket at the Sheriff's Office. 
Can I obtain driver's license information from the Sheriff's Office?
Driver's license information is available from the Division of Motor Vehicles, Driver's License Bureau. You may call: (706) 569-3033.
Can the Sheriff's Office help me if my driver's license has been suspended?
The Sheriff's Office does not provide services concerning your driver's license. You must contact the Driver's License Bureau at (706) 569-3033 or 569-3034.
Can the Sheriff's Office help me open my car if I have locked my keys inside?
Because of the potential for damage to vehicles, the Sheriff's Office does not open locked vehicles. A locksmith is your best alternative. If a child is locked inside the vehicle, the Fire Department will send a rescue unit to remove the child from the vehicle, possibly by breaking a window.

Still have a question? If so, please contact us by calling (706) 653-4225 or e-mail us.