The Lower Chattahoochee Workforce Investment Board was created under the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 by Executive Order approved in January 2000. The Workforce Investment Board is comprised of individuals representing business, economic development, housing and urban development, community service, senior community service, vocational rehabilitation, organized labor, youth and community-based organization, city elected officials, and public service organizations.
Members of the Board serve in an advisory capacity to the Chief Elected Officials of the local workforce area. The Mayor, City of Columbus, has been designated to represent the Chief Elected Officials for this local workforce area inclusive of their municipalities. Members of the Board, in partnership with the Chief Elected Official, assist in development of local plan and annual reports, conduct program oversight of youth and adult local employment and training activities, the one-stop comprehenSsive workforce service delivery system, and provide administrative oversight of the Welfare to Work for the duration of said grants.
It is the mission of the Lower Chattahoochee Workforce Investment Board to partner together with area business, labor, education, and public sector to develop strategies and support efforts to ensure that customers of the Workforce Investment System are afforded the utmost in personable, professional and quality service. Staff of the Job Training Division assists the Board and Chief Elected Officials in carrying out this mission.
Contact Us with your questions regarding the Local Workforce Investment Board of Columbus, Georgia.
- PUBLIC NOTICE: Request for Proposal (RFP) - Youth Internship Activity, seeking request for proposals for the provision of activities to be administered in accordance with the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014 for Jan.1 2016 - Jun.30, 2016.
- Solicitation Package/Invitation to Bid
- Out-of-School Youth Internship ( Work Experience ) and Retention Services
- PAST Solicitations
|WIA Board||Youth Council|
|March 19, 2015||agenda-minutes|
|June 18, 2015||agenda-minutes|
|September 17, 2015||agenda|
|December 17, 2015||agenda|
|December 18, 2014||canceled|
|September 18, 2014||agenda|
|June 19, 2014||agenda-min|
|March 20, 2014||agenda-min|
All meetings are held at 11:00am in the main conference room at the CCG Annex, 420 Tenth Street Columbus, GA. Minutes of meetings are available within two days after each scheduled meeting and available upon request.
Workforce Development Guide Plan for 2013-2017
( Lower Chattahoochee Workforce Investment Area 2014 )
- Federal & State Labor Dept. Links
- Workforce Investment Act laws and Regulations
- Georgia Department of Labor - Workforce Professionals
- Georgia Work Ready Online Participant Portal
- Georgia Department of Labor - Job Openings in Georgia
- Columbus Career Center - Georgia Department of Labor
Equal opportunity employer/program.
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Translations powered by Google.