Street Maintenance Division - 706.653.4000
Street Maintenance Division is responsible for over 650 miles of curbs and gutters, along with over 900 miles of public sidewalks. We also provide services to Columbus residents related to street maintenance, gutter, fence, and guardrail repair. You can report problems on-line by completing our CitiLink Form. Completed forms are automatically assigned to the appropriate personnel.
Michelle Brown -
Street Maintenance Division Manager
- Potholes - can be reported on-line using the CitiLink form or may be called in by dialing 706-653-4000 or found by supervisors of the Heavy Equipment Division.
- Asphalt Maintenance - can be caused by tree roots and aging asphalt can be reported.
Heavy Equipment Division - 706.653.4000
The Heavy Equipment Division of Public Works is responsible for a variety of different services for the City of Columbus, Georgia. We manage the Street Sweepers that clean all the city streets and bridges throughout the city. We oversee the operation of the fuel pumps and wash rack on Schatulga Road.
David Pate -
Heavy Equipment Division Manager
- We provide fuel to the sanitary and inert landfills, as well as to Bull Creek, Oxbow Meadows Golf Courses, all heavy equipment, emergency vehicles, and emergency generators throughout the city of Columbus.
- We provide the re-grading of ditches, removal of silt from ditches, silt ponds, retention ponds, and the laying of large pipes.
- We perform maintenance on designated private unpaved roads for use by emergency vehicles, postal vehicles, and school buses.
- We're responsible for the excavating and grading of all new and special projects within the city.
- We perform maintenance on the shoulders of all city and state roads. We provide equipment to load material for all departments of the city from the dirt stockpile.
- We support emergency management on fires, hazardous spills, storms, and demolishing buildings on city property.
- We support all inert and sanitary landfills with dirt and equipment on covering as needed and for fires in emergencies.
- We support the Cemetery Division, Building Maintenance Division, Engineering Department, and all divisions and departments within the city with Special Projects.
Department of Public Works for Columbus, Georgia
Site Established: 2005 - Revised:
February 7, 2014
Government Center, 100 10th Street, Columbus, GA, 31901
E-mail the Webmaster