WHERE IS THE HUMAN
- Human Resources is located in the West
Wing on the first floor of the Government Center.
How to Find Us
HOW DO I APPLY FOR
A POSITION WITH THE COLUMBUS CONSOLIDATED GOVERNMENT?
- To apply for a position with the Columbus Consolidated Government, you must submit an application at this website for the position for which you are applying. Applicants may apply for current job openings only.
WHEN DO YOU ACCEPT
- Applicants may apply at this website anytime for current job openings. Applicants who do not have computer access may visit the Human Resources Department to complete applications on-line using one of several available kiosks. Applications are accepted at the Human Resources Department Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00AM and 5:00PM.
CAN I APPLY FOR MORE THAN ONE OPEN POSITION?
- Yes, we encourage you to apply for any position you feel you are qualified for. We ask that you select the positions that are of most interest to you and for which you meet the minimum qualifications.
WHAT HAPPENS TO MY APPLICATION AFTER IT IS SUBMITTED TO HUMAN RESOURCES?
- Human Resources screens all applications, and the most qualified applicants are forwarded to the hiring department.
DO YOU INTERVIEW CANDIDATES ON THE SPOT?
- The Human Resources Department recruits for available openings; however, the hiring department is responsible for interviews.
WHEN WILL I BE CONTACTED ?
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail from Human Resources once your application is submitted on-line. The hiring department will contact a select number of the most qualified candidates for interviews and/or other screening in approximately two to six weeks.
DO I NEED TO FILL OUT THE EMPLOYMENT HISTORY SECTION IF I SUBMIT MY RESUME?
- Yes, you will need to fill out all sections of the application.
HOW LONG WILL MY APPLICATION REMAIN ON FILE?
- Applications remain on file for one year.
CAN I CONTACT THE DEPARTMENT TO WHICH I AM APPLYING TO CHECK ON THE STATUS OF MY APPLICATION?
- No, applicant inquiries should be made directly to Human Resources.
I'M INTERESTED IN A POLICE OFFICER, SHERIFF OR FIREFIGHTER POSITION, WHERE DO I APPLY?
- Applicants should apply for public safety positions at the appropriate
department. Or visit their websites below:
WHAT TYPE OF BENEFITS DOES THE COLUMBUS CONSOLIDATED GOVERNMENT OFFER?
- TAKE A LOOK AT THESE GREAT BENEFITS.