UGA Cooperative Extension: Columbus Cooperative Extension

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I…

Q1: request a soil test?
A1: Click here for soil test information.

Q2: request a water test?
A2: Click here for water test information.

Q3: obtain DHR approved Child Care Training?
A3: Click here for Child Care Training information.

Q4: obtain a restaurant inspection?
A4: Click here for Restaurant Inspection information.

Q5: obtain health and nutrition information?
A5: Click here for Health and Nutrition information.

Q6: obtain recipes?
A6: Click here for recipes.

Q7: acquire canning & preserving recipes and information?
A7: Click here for canning and preserving recipes.

Q8: obtain healthy eating for diabetics and/or diabetic menu information?
A8: Call the EFNEP agent, at 653-4200.

Q9: get a stain out?
A9: Call the FCS agent, at 653-4200.

Q10: acquire freezer and storage information?
A10: Call the FCS agent, at 653-4200.

Q11: get free clothes?
A11: Refer to "Social Service Organizations" in the yellow pages.

Q12: get free food?
A12: Refer to "Social Service Organizations" in the yellow pages.

Q13: contact the Harris County Extension Service?
A13: Call (706) 628-4824 or visit

Q14: contact the Chattahoochee County Extension Service?
A14: The Chattahoochee County office is no longer open. Please refer all questions to the office in Columbus, Ga.

Q15: have a problem fixed with a tree on City property?
A15: Call the City Arborist at 653-4160.

Q16: have some bees removed?
A16: Call Jim Harris, City Beekeeper, at 563-4186.

Q17: remove a tree from a power line/right of way?
A17: Call Public Services, Right of Way: 653-4160.

Q18: report a dead bird for West Nile testing?
A18: Call Public Services, Right of Way: 653-4160.

Q19: acquire soil conservation information?
A19: Call (229) 649-3131, Buena Vista. They can contact a local representative for you.

Q20: get another City of Columbus government phone number?
A20: Call Citizen Services at 653-4000.

Q21: get the location of a farmer's market?
A21: Columbus State Farmers Market, (706) 649-7448.

Q22: get an insect or animal identified?
A22: Call our horticulturalist at 653-4200.

Q23: contact Natural Resources/Fish & Game?
A23: Call (706) 322-1112.

Q23: contact Natural Resources/Fish & Game?
A23: Call (706) 322-1112.

Q24: contact the Georgia Department of Agriculture?
A24: Call 1-800-282-5852 or (404) 656-4958.

Q25: contact the Talbot County Extension Service?
A25: Call (706) 665-3230.

Q26: contact the Phenix City Extension Service?
A26: Call (334) 298-6845.

Q27: locate and/or contact another Extension Office in Georgia?
A27: By visiting UGA's Cooperative Extension Local Offices page.

UGA | Agriculture & Natural Resources | 4H | Nutrition | Family & Consumer Sciences | Contact Us | Columbus Government
The College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences and the College of Family and Consumer Sciences cooperating.
The University of Georgia 2005. All Rights Reserved.
Page updated on Wednesday, July 10, 2013